Call 888-229-1409 For a FREE Moving Quote –
How to Get Free Moving Boxes:
You always need sturdy boxes for moving. Keep your eyes out and you will never have to buy boxes. I have never bought a box for moving in my entire life and I have moved countless times.
Tip: Don’t just take any free box; make sure it is sturdy and the right size. I would recommend medium size boxes that aren’t too large to carry. Also, always take more than you think you need. It’s always good to be over prepared than underprepared and stuck trying to find more boxes near the end of your packing.
1. Liquor Stores: The first and easiest way to get moving boxes is to go to a local liquor store; liquor stores are usually close by and have medium, sturdy boxes that are great for moving since they are made for moving and carrying glass bottles. They are also usually medium sized boxes.
Tip: I like to call places ahead of time to ask if they have boxes, don’t always trust the person you talk to, maybe ask for the manager. I like to ask when the shipment is coming in and when is the best time to pick them up.
2. Craigslist: Craigslist is a great Resource for moving boxes!
Just go to your city on craigslist and look up moving boxes under the wanted section. The best time to look is near the end of the weekend or the beginning of the week since most people move over the weekend and are finished unpacking after the weekend.
You can even create a post under the wanted section that you are looking for free moving boxes. Many people who need to get rid of their moving boxes will look here first.
3. Moving Companies: Moving companies like our own, Mesa Moving & Storage will often give away moving boxes. These moving boxes are meant for heavy belongings and already have labels. These are the best quality of boxes you can find. The way you can get them for free many times is just ask. To raise your chances, you could get a free quote or bid from the company, if you decide to go with them you get free boxes, or after your estimate many times the sales person will offer free boxes. This isn’t always true with every company but if you try Mesa Moving & Storage we do it!
4. Grocery & Supercenters: Places like Wal-Mart, Target, and Smith’s are unloading boxes daily and you can always get boxes from them. The trick is to go at the right time, to find out when to go pick up boxes you can either call to see what time they do most of their unloading or go in and talk to a manager. Many times if you talk to the right person they will even set them aside for you to pick them up. Only downfall is they are usually unloading late at night or early in the morning, but you have a good variety to choose from and a lot.
5. Networking: Many people just moved and need to get rid of their boxes. Go ahead and ask friends or write a simple post on Facebook or Twitter to see who has recently moved and that you need boxes. People often move into a new place and need to get rid of their moving boxes. What better way to get rid of them than someone picking them up for you?
5. Freecycle: This is a site where you can find stuff that people are getting rid of and pick up for free. It’s a great way to see people in your area that are moving and are getting rid of boxes. It is very easy and people are always moving.
Pretty much you never have to buy moving boxes again! Just keep your eyes out and take advantage of your resources.
Or Call 888-229-1409
This entry was posted in hire professional movers, move internationally, move tips, movers, moving, moving sucks, moving tips, moving to a new country, new country, packing tips, professional movers, professional packers, relocate, tips on moving internationally, tips on moving to new country and tagged Boxes for Storage, Buy Moving Boxes Online, Cheap Boxes, Cheapest Moving Boxes, Declutter, Discount Moving Boxes, Free Moving Boxes, Free Moving Supplies, Free Shipping, Fun, Get Moving Boxes, How To, Motivation, Motivation and stress reducer, Moving Blanket, Moving Boxes, Moving day, Moving Kits, moving sucks, Moving Supplies, moving tips, Organization | Tagged Boxes for Moving, Packing Supplies, Staying Organized, Wardrobe Boxes.