Avoid all the packing and moving and get a FREE moving estimate! Or Call 888-229-1409 For a Free Moving Estimate with Mesa Moving and Storage to help you move!
1. Get Free Boxes Ahead of Time: You don’t have to spend money on boxes; go to your local grocery store, liquor store, post about it online, there are so many ways to get free boxes. Read here, How to get free boxes
2. Pack All Your Suitcases and Luggage: Suitcases and Luggage are usually even more durable than boxes. Fill all of your suitcases and luggage with as much items as you can. I usually pack my shoes and clothes in them.
3. Move Your Closet with Garbage Bags: Don’t go through the hassle of packing all your clothes from your closet, just take 10-15 articles of clothing and bag them to make it easy to move them to your new closet! Saves so much time.
4. Fill Crock Pot with Spices: Get creative and fill your crock pot, large pans with spices and smaller items. Spices are great to fill a crock pot up because if they happen to spill or break open it will be an easy clean up.
5. DIY Box Handles: To make lifting your boxes easier to carry take an exacto knife and cut out a simple triangle to the boxes that won’t be too heavy and not completely packed.
6. Pack Heavy Items like Books in Suitcases: This is one of my favorite tips that I do every move. For all my heavy books, scrapbooks, and magazines I pack them in my rollable suitcases and it makes it much easier to move those heavy items.
7. Cotton-ball or Pad in Your Cosmetics: To prevent your pressed powder cosmetics from breaking put a cotton-ball or pad in the case, enough to have it compact and not loose so it doesn’t crack and break.
8. Use Clear Tape to Keep Track of Screws: Tape together the assortment of screws and nails for different pieces of furniture so you know which goes where. Makes it easy to keep track of. Label the clear tap with a permanent marker stating which furniture or project it goes with.
9. Create a Key for Box Labels: No Need to write on each box, just use bright duct tape and create a simple key for each bedroom like, living room, kitchen, bedroom, etc. Makes it so easy to unpack and find what you need.
10. Code Boxes with Bright Duct Tape: Use Bright colored Duct tape because it’s cheap and easy to use. It makes it easy to spot as well. It can double as tape for closing your boxes.
11. Store items in Washer & Dryer: Get Creative and pack items in things with room like your washer and dryer. You can put your dirty clothes, clothes, towels, blankets, and what not that way you don’t have to really pack them and you save space.
12. Pack Glasses in Wine Case: To prevent your glasses from breaking go to your local liquor store and ask for some wine cases. It’s a very cheap and smart way to keep your glasses secure and safe from breaking.
13. Saran Wrap to Keep Liquid Items from Leaking: Cover your liquids with saran wrap to keep it from leaking into all your stuff. You don’t want all your items covered in soap and shampoo; definitely makes your unpacking easier than cleaning up soap on everything.
14. Last Grocery Shopping Trip 2 Weeks Before Move: To minimize your food packing go shopping 2 weeks before your move and try to use everything from your fridge you can before the move. Also try to eat everything you can so you have less to pack, throw away, or move.
15. Defrost Fridge 24 Hours Before Move: If you are moving your fridge make sure to defrost your fridge 24 hours before your move and clean it out so you don’t have it defrosting and getting smelly while your moving it.
To Make Your Move as Easy as Possible have Mesa Moving and Storage Help you with your move. Click for a FREE moving estimate!
For more moving Tips & Tricks Click the picture below!
Make Your Next Move Easier
Are You Moving Soon and Need Help with Your Move?
Fill out this Contact Form for a Free Moving Estimate
or visit MesaMoving.com