10 Best Cleaning Tips:
- Baking Soda and Vinegar is an awesome and cheap non-toxic cleaner for your home. They are both a tough and “eco-friendly” cleaning agent that you can use on nearly anything. Just add ingredients in a spray bottle and add some lemon juice. The acidity of lemons also kills germs and adds a fresh lemon smell.
- Dust Off Your Fan Blades with a Pillowcase – Now you won’t get dust all over the home because the pillowcase will catch it.
- Deep Clean Your Toilet – To remove the horrible rings and grim just sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda around the inside of your toilet (get the dry parts as well) then pour or spray 1 cup of vinegar into your toilet boil and watch the fizzing action. Let sit for 10 min then Use your toilet brush to scrub! Scrub out your grimy, greasy oven with baking soda, dishwashing liquid, and vinegar. This combo makes it easy to clean and smell great thanks to the dishwashing liquid.
- Clean out Your Microwave – Just get 1- 2 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar and heat on high for 5 minutes. This will loosen up the dried up food and you can wipe down in minutes.
- Magic Carpet Cleaner – Baking Soda, vinegar, Dishwashing Liquid, and Warm Water. Read more about the Magic Carpet Cleaner.
- Freshen Up Your Mattress – Mix Baking Soda with fabric softener and spread on mattress every few months. Leave on for an hour and vacuum off! It kills dust mites and freshens the mattress. Add lavender to help you sleep and add fragrance.
- Remove Pet Hair – Use a Window Squeegee to remove pet hair from your carpets. Brilliant!
- Make your House Smell Great – Sprinkle drops of vanilla, orange lemon, lavender, or almond extract on your air filter to scent your entire home. Oil from Doterra works great.
- Use Rubbing Alcohol to Clean Your Microfiber Couch – You are not supposed to use water on microfiber couches so just use some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and a white sponge if it leaves it a little stiff just fluff up the fibers with a soft scrub brush and there you go. Just like new!
- Clean Your Mirrors – Clean your mirrors with plain white vinegar in a spray bottle diluted 1:1 warm or hot water – vinegar does the best job of cleaning mirrors.