1. Choose the right mover: Investigate the movers you call
• Size matters – the size of the company and how many trucks and employers they have will affect your move. The mover you choose needs to have the resources to finish your move successfully and efficiently.
• Proven track record: Look up reviews on Google, Yelp, and how long they have been in the moving industry. – Check out Mesa Moving & Storage Reviews on Google – Moving Reviews from Customers
• Select the right agent for the right van line: Some Van Lines are very reputable but make sure and do your research to get the right agent that will take care of you.
• Ask about their process: Ask about what the movers do, their process, and what you’ll need to do
2. Plan ahead:
• In the summer time van lines require 2-6 weeks confirmation of dates as a minimum. (Wintertime minimums are days or 1-2 weeks).
• All van lines assign their best people first. If you want to get these top performers: ask for them, but book well in advance to ensure you can get them!
• Short notice moves can be challenging for any van line to perform at their best.
3. An Accurate Estimate is CRITICAL:
• The most important element of a successful move is an accurate estimate. When the crew arrives they are prepared, the driver has ample space in his truck, and everyone can focus on doing the job right.
• A low-balled estimate is one of the most risky options you face to having a moving nightmare. Drivers don’t come prepared with enough truck space, crews face long hours to get the job done, owner operator drivers want to know if they will be paid for all of the work they are doing. All of this affects crew morale. Results can include: overflows, add-on charges, unhappy/distracted crews and drivers, and damage to belongings.
Click Here to Get a Free Estimate – We Promise to Not Go Over!
4. Price it Right:
• If you want a superb move you want the top-notch crew members and driver from your mover. United Van Lines’ crews and drivers are leaders of quality in the industry. However, we have our A-rated drivers who are the best of the best with Mesa Moving and Storage.
• These A-rated drivers (based on low claims, on time service and customer satisfaction scores) have first choice of available tonnage. Naturally, they choose the best paying business.
• If you want to guarantee that you receive an A-rated driver you don’t want to over-discount your move. In fact, you might want to price your move a little better than the average guideline discount. (A premium of 3%-5% can make a big difference). Large discounts don’t always result in quality.
Recently we compared post move customer satisfaction scores to the discount applied to the move (+/- vs. the current guidelines). Over 1000 moves were sampled. The moves discounted lower than the guideline (i.e. paid a premium) had a 99% satisfaction response. Moves higher than guideline (i.e. highly discounted) reported a positive satisfaction response 90% of the time. This is still better than the industry average of 86%. However, our conclusion: paying a small premium for better service paid off.
Fill out this Contact Form for a Free Moving Estimate