moving company utah
There are many reasons why to consider hiring a professional mover to help you with your move.
1. Relax – Peace of Mind:
To avoid this stressful event and have the professionals help –
Click Here for a FREE Moving Estimate – Or Call 888-229-1409
You – Moving is stressful; it is the 3rd most stressful situation in life following death and divorce. Planning a move is overwhelming and tiring. You have to pack, minimize belongings, find friends and family to help, find a truck, load all your furniture and boxes to fit in a truck, drive truck to new location, unload, and unpack.
Professional – Hiring a professional takes a lot of the stress and hard work out of the equation. You can have professional movers give you an estimate to have them load and deliver your stuff or you can go with full service movers, which will pack all your belongings nicely, unload, unpack, and even set up furniture. It may be a little more costly but will save you time and energy. Having professional movers gives you a reliable option that will keep your belongings safe and protected to give you a piece of mind.
2. Time: Don’t waste your time, spend with your family
You – Think about the time it will take to get all your packing, loading, and unloading done. Time is money. How much is your time worth? You could be spending time with your family, making dinner, getting the children to school instead. Plus, professionals will get it done in a fraction of the time.
The average person is not used to lifting and maneuvering a fridge or washer throughout a house or benching a couch. You will probably need to get your closest friends and family to help you move, hopefully they are willing to give up their weekend. With all different types of people trying to manage the move there will be some compromising on how to get it done.
Professional movers are trained professionals and are typically strong men that are used to lifting and moving heavy furniture and boxes. They also usually have a system to get it done quickly and efficiently. This will save you a lot of time from getting distracted and trying to figure a way to fit everything in a truck. While the professional mover is driving your stuff to your new location safely, you can be on a plane or drive and relax without having the worry of driving and maneuvering a large truck.
3. Breakage: Keep your TV and other items safe with moving professionals
You – If you or your friend or family member drops a flat screen TV or prized possession, you will be responsible for the damage and always secretly think about that one time your friend or family member broke one of your prized possessions.
Professional – The most important part of a move is how all your stuff is loaded into boxes and placed into the truck safely. Movers are trained on loading everything efficiently and effectively to ensure that everything fits and is kept safe. Plus, many moving companies offer insurance for special items and reassurance that everything will arrive in one piece.
If anything does happen and it is the movers’ fault they will be responsible for damages and keeping you happy.
4. Equipment – Nice to have all the equipment you need ready
You – It’s a pain to get all the boxes you need for your packing. In fact, many people underestimate just how many boxes they need and half to stop midway and find more. Plus, buying boxes or finding free boxes is time consuming.
Most likely you aren’t used to hauling a huge truck around with tons of your possessions. You may also jump in the drivers spot being in charge of all your belongings without any experience in driving a large truck and this could result in damages in your belongings or accidents. You may choose a truck that is too small to fit your belongings and realize it half way through loading it or get stuck with a truck that is too large and end up with extra space.
Professional – Movers come with all the equipment needed for an easy move like ropes, belts, and boxes. We are trained professionals and can navigate the streets and heavy load with ease.
5. Save your aches and pains
You – Save your aches and pains; moving is back breaking work. It requires a lot of effort and may even send you to the chiropractor or doctor if you aren’t use to such strenuous work. You may even have to spend several days recovering from the move with all your sore muscles and joints from lifting heavy furniture and boxes. You may need some time to recuperate and soak sore muscles. It could be days until you feel well enough to unpack, organize, and even feel up to meet the new neighbors.
Professional – Hiring a professional means you have more time to get used to your new house and even happy to meet the new neighbors. Some full service movers give you the option to have someone to unpack your things as well, which will save you even more time and effort.
Get a free moving quote here! or Call 888-229-1409
Fill out this Contact Form for a Free Moving Estimate
Avoid all the packing and moving and get a FREE Moving Estimate!
2 Months Before:
• Check with your employer to see if you have expense benefits
• Plan your moving method (truck, hiring movers, etc.) Get estimates and do your research make sure to ask if they are insured and if they have full time movers or if they are temporary
• Begin going through your stuff to donate or sell and plan if you have to downsize or get storage
• Take inventory of all of your valuable items you plan to move
• Get all of your records together, school records, medical records, etc.
• Talk to your kids about the move ahead of time to help them prepare, especially if they are switching schools
6 Weeks Before
• Get an idea of a moving date
• Communicate with the landlord about your upcoming move and check on moving out policies or guidelines
• Gather Moving Supplies – Gather up more moving boxes than you think you need like, bubble wrap, boxes, tape, and packing paper
1 Month Before Moving
• Discard items you don’t need and consider having a garage sale
• Contact your doctors, dentists, and any other appointments if you will be changing. Your current ones may provide a recommendation
• Check with your homeowners insurance to see if moving is covered and arrange changes and set up renters or homeowners insurance if needed for your new location
• If moving with Mesa, decide which items you’ll pack and which items you’d like Mesa to pack. We can provide you with great packing materials
• Begin Packing – Pack up the rooms and items you don’t use often and label your boxes. Make a labeling key with each room designated as a specific color.
• Notify all your utility companies that you are moving and arrange new accounts if possible:
• Electricity, Power, Gas
• Home Owners or Renters Insurance
• Television and Internet
2 Weeks Before Moving
• Plan a meal plan to discard and use all of your refrigerated and frozen food items. Moving companies can’t transport perishables so try to minimize so you don’t have to move them.
• Gather up all un-allowables like food, aerosols, flammables, extreme valuables, etc.
• Notify the Post Office your change-of-address and all other mail that needs to be redirected
• Return library books and other things you have borrowed
• Drain fluids from lawn mowers, snowblowers, weed trimmers, leaf blowers, etc.
1 Week Before Moving
• Confirm move date, and time and get down all of the specifics
• Begin cleaning rooms that you don’t use frequently to make sure the cleanup is easy
• Finish packing and labeling all of your boxes
• Back up computer files and carefully pack electronics
Day of Move
• Pack your suitcase – make sure and pack all of your essentials and pretend you are going out of town to bring a change of clothes and medication needed for the next couple days so you aren’t digging through boxes to find what you need
• Gather things you will need for the road like snacks, games, and a flashlight to take on your trip
• Do a thorough walk through of your house to take inventory of your items. Make sure you don’t sign off until you have everything listed
• Make sure everything is cleaned up and locked up before you leave your old house
Notify Service Companies:
• Television/ internet
• Newspaper/ Magazine
Places that Need Your Change of Address:
• Post Office
• Creditors or Local Credit Bureau
• Doctors, Dentists
• Magazines or Newspaper subscriptions
• Clubs or Associations
Save to Your Phone (screenshot) or Print out for a Handy Checklist 😀
Here is a List of Prohibited Items for Mesa Moving & Storage and Most Movers:
Fill out this Contact Form for a Free Moving Estimate